Thursday 28 August 2014

Dear Bloggers

Dear Bloggers and people who read blogs

I love getting comments on this blog and I don't really mind if the comment is that you love or hate what I've written, that the photos are crap or that I've been incredibly foolish in my choices. I really don't mind - you have a right to your opinion and, if I wasn't prepared to accept that, then I shouldn't be publicly blogging. But, when you try to use my blog to sell your products then that's where I draw the line. I will delete the comment and mark the user as spam so nothing else is published no matter how often you leave a comment.

This blog is here for my enjoyment - and hopefully yours too - and not as a cheap means of promoting dodgy products like weight-loss pills or anything else. If I think a product is good then I'll blog about it anyway, irrespective of dodgy marketing agencies trying to expand their reach on the cheap (I hope the advertisers realise this and see that they're being ripped off). Clearly I've had one too many advertising comments that have resulted in this posting.

My message to advertising and marketing agencies around the world is to FUCK OFF! You are not using this blog to sell your tat and crap.

I'll need to think about my next strategy (if FUCK OFF doesn't work, which it probably won't since a lot of these things are done by autobots) is maybe to name and shame the companies that try to hijack the comments and use the blog. I don't have a problem with that. Do you?

*Click DELETE*

No comments: