Tuesday 5 June 2012

'Shakespeare: Staging The World'

I like this video for the new exhibition about Shakespeare at the British Museum. I like it on lots of levels. A dramatic video showing Shakespeare's characters wandering round London carrying bloody knives and dead bodies, a troop of men of war crossing the Thames, Cleopatra with a snake circling her arm, all moving inexorably towards the British Museum. Moody, solemn and serious, unstoppable mythic characters climbing the steps of the museum and invoking the spirit of Shakespeare.

I have no idea what the exhibition will actually be about or what will be on display but this has intrigued me. I like this still from the video with the characters walking towards the museum. Take a look at the video by doing the clicky thing below.



No comments: