Tuesday 26 January 2010

Events and An Award

Psst! Have you heard? There was a very colourful event held in London today, at the Business Design Centre in Islington, to launch the new Family Information Direct service. Well, it's not really a new service, but the name is new. How do I know this? It's my programme, that's why, I'm responsible for it. Here's a photo of the stage I took when no-one was around:


Obviously, other people did most of the work so I could just swan around looking smug. We had around 450 people at the event which showcased all the existing services and the four new services for families that were formally 'launched' today. I was pleased with the event and it seemed like everyone else was happy with it too.

Now, I'm not one to blow my own trumpet but I also found out today that the last event we ran for Family Information Direct - formerly known as Parent Know How - has won an International Visual Communications Association LiveCom Award. I'm not in that industry so haven't heard of it before, but the blurb says:

IVCA LiveCom Awards are the sector leading annual live and experiential awards. These awards celebrate the impact live events and experiential marketing can have on changing attitudes, shifting behavioursand altering attitudes. Live events and experiential marketing are powerful tools for communicators. IVCA LiveCom Awards have quickly become established as the leading sector awards

We were in the 'Seminars & Conferences' 2009 category here. They've kindly put up a short video clip of the event that I've never seen before - I'm not in it, but it's bright and colourful so some things don't change much ...

No comments: