Tuesday 4 November 2008

Scissorhands

I've got a thing about 'Celebrity Scissorhands' - it's this month's *must see* telly and I've got no idea why. Anyone that's ever seen me wouldn't confuse me with someone who spends a lot of time on my appearance, so why am I fascinated by a hair-do show?

It's one of the shows paving the way for Children In Need, three weeks worth of a group of celebs being trained to do haircuts, make-overs, waxing and all that salon stuff on people donating to Children In Need. I don't know who most of the celebs are but they're really working - 7-8 hour days, five days a week. The only celeb I'd stand a chance of recognising in the street is Steve Strange (and that would probably be because of what he was wearing than anything else) but I've at least of heard of Stedman from Five Star and Lucinda from 'The Apprentice'. The other celebs are a mix of TV presenters and various singers and the bloke who was Zammo in 'Grange Hill' 20 years ago.

It's good fun seeing them trying to be cool and trendy, offering advice to people about what they should do to their hair and then watching them slowly, ever so slowly, do the cut. An hour or two later it's finished and so many of them look the same. What's with the endless long-at-the-front/short-at-the-back cuts? Copy cat or what. And, of course, Steve Strange is the image and make-over consultant and some of his, erm, creations are quite truly, um... what's the word I'm looking for ....?

Anyway, I'm enjoying it and, if I had hair, I'd quite fancy being a customer myself (so long as they don't touch the beard). Take a look at it - it's on a few times each evening at different times on BBC3 for the next couple of weeks. Let your creative juices flow.

No comments: