Friday 14 November 2008

A Message From Whoopie

I received a most interesting message on behalf of Whoopie Goldberg this afternoon. I've always had a soft spot for Whoopie (yes, even in that cop film she did in the '80s, oh and the one where she's a burglar, and the one with Ted Danson, and...) and generally approve of her - the world needs a Whoopie. So, it's nice that she's thinking of us in l'il ole London.

The message reads:

Of all the movies I've worked on, my role in Sister Act is one of my favourites and for a long time it's been a dream of mine to bring it to the stage. Well, the dream has come true and I'm thrilled to tell you that I'm producing this major new musical from May next year, when it opens at the London Palladium.

Sister Act has a terrific story which is hilarious and uplifting plus a brilliant new score, written by the genius that is Alan Menken. Many of you will know Alan's work as the eight-time Oscar winning writer of songs for Beauty and the Beast, Little Shop of Horrors, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Enchanted....not bad hey?!


The global search for the diva who has a voice that will raise the roof at this historic theatre in your beautiful capital has begun! We'll see in 09!

O yes, I think I'll be there!

No comments: