Thursday 26 June 2008

Amanda Palmer in London

Miss Palmer, she who is half of the most fabulous Dresden Dolls, is in London at the moment. Tomorrow night Miss Palmer is a DJ at the Curzon Cinema for its pre-show party for the midnight filmshow. She's also (ahem) likely to join Ben Folds on stage at Glastonbury on Saturday and might (ahem) play a song or two from her new album (which, ahem, is produced by Ben Folds).

And then, let joy be unleashed, she's not just playing at the ICA on 21 August, she's also playing at Koko on 10 October! I already have tickets for the ICA (of course) and tickets for Koko go on sale tomorrow. Tickets will be obtained, you may rest assured. After all, it does have a nice ceiling, not that I'll be looking at the ceiling with Amanda on stage. I shall wear my new shirt - I am sure that Amanda will appreciate my new shirt.


UPDATE 27 June: Tickets secured. Naturally. The tour covers:

Thu 21/08/08 ICA London
Sat 27/09/08 The Academy Dublin
Sun 28/09/08 Auntie Annies Belfast
Tue 30/09/08 Cabaret Voltaire Edinburgh
Thu 02/10/08 King Tuts Wah Wah Hut Glasgow
Fri 03/10/08 The Custard Factory Birmingham
Sat 04/10/08 Brighton Concorde 2 Brighton
Mon 06/10/08 Manchester Club Academy Manchester
Tue 07/10/08 Thekla Bristol
Wed 08/10/08 Carling Academy Sheffield
Fri 10/10/08 KOKO London

3 comments:

redhairedqueer said...

I've heard she's going to be shooting her next video at the RVT. I don't know when, but I could find out if you want to go a-stalking.

Owen said...

A-stalking I will go! You'll have to give me a crash course in stalking techniques, if you'd be so kind.

rozie said...

do you know where i can get a ticket for the ICA? cuz they are all sold out and i'll be in london then... i'm from romania and it's kinda my only chance to see her . so please... if you know someone that has an extra ticket or if you know where i can get one , please do contact me this is my e-mail adress : blossoming_roze@yahoo.com . thanks a lot.