Sunday 15 June 2008

Jane Aire/Jane Ashley

Some of you might remember my occasional mentions of Jane Aire & The Belvederes in this blog, including my entry about 'The Complete Jane Aire & The Belvederes' last summer. Every now and then someone comments on that blog, which is always a pleasant surprise. Today I received another comment. This time it was from Jane Ashley, otherwise known as Jane Aire herself!

Jane's message says:

Greetings All and Blessings!

A great gal I play with Rhonda Robinson told me about the website and I had to visit. I've also recently hooked up with a jane aire yahoo group too.

I'm delighted and amazed to still be remembered and touched to be regarded so fondly. You can see some more recent live footage of me singing on the Majesticsband. com website and I'll be performing some original material at a concert with the Spiritual Empowerment Center on Saturday, hopefully to be released as part of a cd later in the year. Thank you so much.


Peace, Love, Light and Prosperity


Jane Ashley

I was, needless to say, stunned. Jane Aire had sent me a message! I didn't know about the Yahoo group so scooted on over there and joined immediately. Jane recently uploaded the text of a recent interview which includes a paragraph about time in London:

During my ten years in London I spent a lot of time with the Boomtown Rats, Kirsty MacColl, she was my maid of honor when I married Pete, The Records, Anthony Thistlethwaite, The Ghastly Girls, Eddy Reader and Mark Nevin. I’ve sung, recorded and/or appeared with all of the above as well as with Robert Plant, Erasure and Def Leopard.

I wonder if Jane knows about Last.fm and the Jane Aire pages there? Jane seems happy to just be remembered but if you go to Last.fm you'll see that her music is still being played. I must post about Last.fm to the Jane Yahoo group. The real challenge is to get her records properly re-mastered and released digitally. I feel a campaign coming on ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simply marvellous to make the link with Jane herself - wonderful, wonderful voice! I wonder if she's the kind of person to keep old boxes of live tapes stuffed in an attic somewhere? I'd better join the Yahoo group.
Mike, Herefordshire