Wednesday 13 June 2007

Experiment I

After the great excitement of actually leaving my flat yesterday, today will be an 'at home' day.

I left the flat twice yesterday, firstly late morning to slowly walk up to the local shops for food supplies (yes, strawberries count as food), and then in the afternoon for a short trip round the corner to my doctor. After both adventures I was knackered and promptly flaked out on the bed when I got home. I used my walking stick to signal to people to give me a bit of distance and it seemed to work.

I've noticed that I'm not sleeping for very long - during the day seems to be a couple of hours at a stretch and at night-time it's about four hours. At night I take a cocktail of painkillers before going to bed which might suggest that they work for about four hours before I wake up and need more to go back to sleep. That's what I'm doing at the moment, waiting for more pills to kick in so I can go back to sleep. This can be an experiment, to extend snooze-time before thinking of reducing my intake of pills.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: