Friday 1 June 2007

VauxhallVille Sci-Fi Spectactular

After booking pre-sale tickets to see Maximo Park only to discover that delivery will be through See Tickets I needed a cheer-up so, since it's Thursday, what better way to smile than a visit of VauxhallVille, the spit'n'sawdust extravaganza. The theme this week was science fiction or, more accurately, a David Bowie inspired version of sci-fi.

Chris and Don kept me entertained in-between turns and Dawn (for some obscure reason) turned the other cheek to enable me to spank her (and she didn't even punch me in return). So, a strange night of delights and frights.

Fred Bear was co-hosting since Timberlina was off opening a village fete (eh?) and he did really well, keeping the patter going. He also delighted us with his flying version of Bearbarella and then took to the stage to lead us in 'The Time Warp' (actions were mandatory).

Nathan was dressed as Ziggy Stardust throughout and had his puppets on show ( I quite like his wierdo puppets) but it seemed a bit slow and laboured tonight. Dawn Right Nasty spun some kool choons before, during and after the turns and played the promised 'Moonage Daydream' as well as giving us her weekly 'tranny stalking tips'. Polly Vinyl was dressed as a 'Blade Runner' clone with wild hair.

Guest artistes tonight were The Space Invaders and they, sort of, sum up VauxhallVille for me - amateur night but they'll give it a go anyway and have great fun doing it! They were two triple-breasted green alien lesbians who have a baby after dancing all over the stage. They obviously had a great time and, quite frankly, so did I! Let's have more acts like them at VauxhallVille.

I meant to take my camera tonight but didn't make it back home in time to pick it up but here are pics from my phone.

No comments: