Tuesday 26 June 2007

To Beard Or Not To Beard

Ok, that's a bit obvious but it says it all...

I haven't bothered shaving since I went into hospital and I'm starting to look a bit of a scruff-bag. Should I keep it and train it or get rid of it? Itchy-scratch.

I've never grown a beard before and now, with my baldy heed 'n' all, I've got that 'growing a beard to make up for baldy' thing going on in my head. The only thing wrong with baldiness is that you can't really change the style... at least a beard gives me that opportunity.

Y'see, the other thing is ... it's white. I have a white beard. If I let it grow I could pass for Santa at Christmas. I've got a bit of gray round the 'tache area but the rest of it is pure as the driven snow. That sort of holds up a sign in front of me saying 'old geezer'.

Itchy-scratch.

4 comments:

Michael Coscia said...

Glad to read that your recovery is coming along nicely. As for the beard, I think it looks good. It's got character, quite handsome. I vote to keep it.

Owen said...

Ha! Too kind, but thank you!

redhairedqueer said...

You look like you should have some little blue men with white hats scampering around.

Altogether now, "Where are you all coming from..."

Anonymous said...

Owen, don't listen to her red-haired nastiness.

It's a very nice beard. Very distinguished.