Wednesday 22 August 2012

Lynsey de Paul - LIVE!

Some things just have to be shared, such as pick'n'mix sweets, a bottle of wine and news about Lynsey de Paul playing live in London in a few weeks time. Yes, you read that right, Lynsey de Paul.

I've blogged about Lynsey a few times, most recently last summer when I discovered the songs from her first album, 'Surprise' were on iTunes. Now I discover that she's playing live and I've bought a ticket to make sure I get to see her play. I must say *wow*!

Lynsey is on the bill for the Marc Bolan 35th Anniversary tribute concert at Shepherd's Bush on 15 September. It looks like a great line-up, with T.Rextasy providing the music and guest vocals from Boy George, Marc Almond, Linda Lewis, Steve Harley and a certain Glen Matlock. And, of course, Lynsey de Paul! I am, of course, terribly excited at the thought of seeing her play live and can't imagine which of Marc's songs she'll sing. Maybe 'Life's A Gas'?

I went to the 30th Anniversary concert five years ago which was saved (in my eyes at least) by the magnificent version of 'Chrome Sitar' delivered by the one and only Shakin' Stevens. Shakey saved the day as far as I'm concerned. That was five years ago. This year, I'm looking forward to seeing Lynsey.  *Wow*!


No comments: