Friday 16 March 2012

It's All Purple 'n' Pink!

You know I'm a London Ambassador for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games - it's not going to happen again in my lifetime so I wanted to be part of it, do something that says quite categorically, I was there. There are 8,000 of us working across London and at the various London airports meeting and greeting guests to London and helpling them to enjoy the city to the fullest extent. I intent to take this role very seriously and have maximum fun myself at the same time. I didn't manage to get any tickets to the Olympics so it's a good job I'm an Ambassador.

I've already had the first day of training for my volunteer role and the second training day is in late April, out in Stratford at or near the Olympic park. I'm looking forward to it.

Today our uniform was unveiled at Wimbledon of all places. I saw the design on my first training day but to see people actually wearing it makes it even more real - and even more garish! Purple and pink with black trousers and everything co-ordinated - polo shirt, fleece, rain jacket, trilby, backpack, water bottle, Oyster card holder... the works! You certainly won't be able to miss us!

Here's a photo of Mayor Boris and some of my fellow Ambassadors showing off the uniform this morning a few miles from my house - it was a bit chilly this morning so they were brave to just wear the polo shirt! I'm looking forward to getting my trilby - I will wear it forever!

No comments: