Thursday 27 October 2011

Buffy and Flamenco

Imagine my surprise when I check Twitter this evening on the train home and see a tweet with a link to an article in the National Post about Buffy Sainte-Marie and her band exercising and showing off gym clothes (click here).  In another article in the National Post Buffy talks about exercise (click here).  I don't know why it struck me as noteworthy, but it did.

Buffy puts me to shame.  An extract from the exercise article:

Q: What’s your secret for staying in such great shape?
A: I do lat pull-downs and leg presses and use the Gravitron and do upper-body weights, but that’s not my secret.
Q: OK, we’ll bite. What is?
A: I dance flamenco. It helps me build my core.
Q: What do you think about running?
A: I hate running! I find it so boring. I get on a treadmill, and it’s like, Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! All these ideas take over my head.

Can you claim to do as much?  I certainly can't.  I think I'm more in the territory of Elvis, as Buffy says,

A: Like Elvis. Poor thing. Besides lifting a sandwich, I don’t think he lifted anything.

Well, good on her and keep it up!


 
PS: I must start exercising...
PPS: I don't think Leroy knows what he's doing with that twist...

No comments: