Tuesday 15 February 2011

Congratulations to Laura Marling

Laura Marling has just won the British Female Solo Artist at The Brit Awards this evening and I am seriously pleased. She's just 20 and has two albums behind her already and is recording her third for release later this year. She looked totally gobsmacked by the award (presented by Boy George). I look forward to her winning more Brits in the years to come.

I've missed seeing her play live every time she's played in London except once when she sang a song with the Mystery Jets at a benefit concert a couple of years ago. She writes the most interesting songs and her last album saw her branching out and experimenting and I have high hopes for the next album.

Here's a song that was nominated for a Plastic Bag Award in 2010 and I first blogged about in January 2010, 'Devil's Spoke' from her album 'I Speak Because I Can'. Go on try it.

Well done Laura!

No comments: