Monday 18 October 2010

Christmas Starts Early This Year

Anyone who's read this blog in the run-up to Christmas will know that I object to Christmas starting earlier each year in a bid for the capitalist dollar. Christmas in *my* reality doesn't start until 1 December when I might start looking at cards and stuff.

But this year that must be different. I must start talking about it early if only for one reason: Mr Fred Schneider has forced me to. His special brand of madness has infected Christmas and given birth to 'Destination ... Christmas' by The Superions! Oh yes, Fred has a new record out next week and it's a Christmas record!



Now, it's not The B-52's, but I wouldn't want it to be. I want Fred to have many outlets for his special insanity and The Superions are a good way to let it all out.

A few other Christmas records have already been announced by Annie Lennox, The Indigo Girls and Shelby Lynne, but all I can say is, 'sorry girls, Fred comes first...'. I fell in love with The Superions' 'Totally Nude Island' last year and I think Christmas might just be nude this year.

No comments: