Saturday 19 December 2009

Linda Thompson's New Album

I mentioned back in May that Linda Thompson is raising funding through the Hector Fund to record her new album. She's in the studio in London now and the album will be released some time in 2010.

Despite good intentions, I never got round to investing in the album myself so I've done so this morning at the 'Bond Street' level which means I'll get a signed advance copy of the album (with download) and be listed in the 'thank you' section of the booklet, and all for just $50. That's not bad, and equates to just over £30 in real money. That's a Christmas present to myself and an investment in what I am sure will be some great new songs from Linda.

The last song that Linda sang on - as far as I'm aware and at least the backing vocals - was last year's Christmas song in support of Amnesty International, 'Christmas' by Teddy Thompson & Family. The Thompson Family did a show at the Queen Elizabeth Hall last Christmas that I missed - I was hoping there'd be a repeat performance this year but it's not happening. Maybe next year?

If you've liked any of Linda's work in the past then why not give yourself - and Linda - a Christmas present and invest in her new record? Then you can claim to be a record producer - I am!

1 comment:

Gins said...

Owen,
David Ginsburg from The Hector Fund here. I just wanted to thank you for investing in Linda's Artistfunding campaign and spreading the word via your blog! We really appreciate it.
The Hector Fund is four guys working out of our homes to make this a reality. Your support means a lot to us.
Thank you,
David