Saturday 12 January 2008

The Sleep Monkey & his Mallet of Slumber

Have you met the Sleep Monkey? I haven't been formally introduced but occasionally see him flitting about the room out of the corner of my eye and I've certainly noticed his power.

You know when the alarm goes off on these cold, damp, dreary mornings and you turn over and think 'I'll just have five more minutes...'? And then *bonk* an hour somehow speeds by. That's the effect of being bashed over the head by the Sleep Monkey's Mallet of Slumber. How the Monkey manages to swing around the room without dropping his mallet is beyond me since it must be quite heavy, but it's a mighty powerful tool.

He doesn't just do it in the morning either. He could well swing up behind you while relaxing on the couch and then *bonk* an hour or so whizzes by.

*Bonk* zzzzzzzzzz....


No comments: