Friday 14 April 2006

Upgrade

There are many things in life that upgrade or you would want to upgrade. I've just been upgrading virus definitions on my computer. I've upgraded my mobile phone several times. When I worked in benefits we used to talk about uprating - the same thing, really, in a different context.

What has never happened to me is a flight upgrade - until now.

I had a phone call yesterday about the tickets for the flight to Cancun on Sunday and, since there's been a cancelation on the flight, we're being upgraded to Premium seats for the outward flight. Bearing in mind this is Monarch we're flying with then I can't really imagine in my minds eye what 'Premium' really means - it sounds like it might roughly equate to business class on a scheduled airline. I won't get too excited about it until my bum is placed on the seat but a bit extra space, wider seat, better service... that's good enough for me!

No comments: