Saturday 27 August 2005

Vidjos...

I picked up my S L A D E 'Wall of Hits' video from the post office this morning and I've just watched it, seeing the Lords of Noize strut their stuff on my hooj telly! Wow! It was well worth the wait, seeing them young and brash and loud again. If only there was a video or DVD of them live on stage, that was their real element, working the crowd and striding across the stage, music booming out of the speakers. I would've liked to have more videos from 1972-73 included, but they may not have made any for those songs.

They introduced each video with some anecdotes or memories of what it was like for them at the time. Don's was particularly sad for 'My Friend Stan' which was just after he got out of hospital after the car crash, his forehead still scarred. It ends with the video for 'Radio Wall of Sound', with Jim on lead vocals and all them in big hats.

I need a proper retrospective, music and image, including some of the excellent 'B' sides. Maybe one day, but for the moment I'm happy with my video!

Since I so rarely have the video wired up I've also taken the opportunity to watch my Buffy Sainte-Marie promo video of 'The Big Ones Get Away'. It's a beautiful video, with Buffy talking about the song and album before and after the video. I love the image of her reaching up for the crescent moon and wielding it like a knife to protect her man. What a lovely lady she is.

"Don't the wars come easy, baby, but don't the peace come hard."

No comments: