Sunday 21 August 2005

A Sunday laze ....

Well, here's another post - who'd've thought it? I usually give up doing things a lot quicker than this. Anyway, where was I....

Oh yes, the Scissornanas. Bananarama were excellent with some very energetic dancers in tow, only sang 5 songs but they included 'Robert De Niro' and 'Venus' so I was happy. All songs had the same booming 'boing boing boing' beat (that always reminds me of that Run DMC song from yesteryear) which was a shame - would be nice for them to do a thing with a band rather than a backing CD... But they were great nonetheless.

The Scissor Sisters were excellent too with Jake and Ana working the audience really well (although Right Nasty, who was down on the dancefloor, tells me her bad language was a touch on the hippy side compared to how vicious it normally is). I thoroughly enjoyed them and liked most of the new songs. Odd to think that I got their album the week it came out (as a present from Christopher) and it's taken this long to see them live.

After a lazy day yesterday, I'm having another one today (well, that's what weekends are for). Possibly shopping with Chris later this afternoon - the DVD+RWs I got the other day don't work for some reason, the burner keeps rejecting them, so I'll try some DVD+Rs instead.

I might also download and burn some CDs. My S L A D E fetish is increasing and so many of their records are no longer available, but iTunes has some for download so I should probably get them before they're deleted. There ought to be a proper retrospective of S L A D E, both on CD and DVD, so I might have to start a campaign ... I'm bidding for the 'Wall of Hits' video on eBay but I always seem to be outbid for S L A D E items of eBay. And I still have the joy of Noddy Holder's autobiography to read (I'm saving it).

Major problem is that S L A D E (or rather Slade2 led by Dave and Don) might be playing either Croydon or Tunbridge (according to the website, looks like it's an either/or kind of thing) on 9 December which, of course, is the same night that Steve Harley plays Shepherds Bush. A quandry indeed. I'm rediscovering Steve as well at the moment and two of his CDs arrived from Amazon on Friday ('Pyschomodo' and 'Timeless Flight') and it was a joy to hear them again after maybe 20 years... Will need to think this through....

And I must do some work on my fledgling website - a couple of the pages don't look very good at all. Then I can add links. Life is soooooo busy!

No comments: