Tuesday 21 November 2017

Fra Angelico 11/12

In a change to the theme of my monthly blogs about works by Fra Angelico that I've actually seen, this month I'm going to mention a work that I haven't seen but which I hope to see next year.

'Heaven and Earth' is the name of a new exhibition of Fra Angelico's works to be held at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston, USA. A press release is linked to from here: http://www.rsa.org/news/374260/Fra-Angelico-Heaven-on-Earth-Exhibition-at-the-Isabella-Stewart-Gardner-Museum.htm

It's not everyday that a new Fra Angelico exhibition is announced so this is definitely newsworthy. There's nothing on the museum's website yet but the catalogue is available to pre-order on Amazon. I'll post more details when they're available.








No comments: