Wednesday 11 September 2013

PolyFest at the Half Moon, Putney

I am delighted to report a tribute gig for Poly Styrene in London - at last! It's at The Half Moon in Putney on Saturday 5 October with proceeds going to Cancer Research (which is appropriate).

I don't know anything more about it except the line-up of performers includes Kevin Rowland, Doctor & The Medics, Youth (who produced Poly's last album), Jennie Belle Star, Anita Harris (yes, *that* Anita Harris!), Jona Lewie and DJing from Tessa Pollitt from The Slits. The list of performers seems to be growing and it depends on which page on the website you look at as to who's performing but I think the list opposite is the latest. I am ever so excited.

Who else might turn up on the night? I'm hoping for Lora Logic and Paul Dean (both ex-Spex) and maybe Viv Albertine (ex-The Slits and a Poly friend). Wouldn't it be fab if someone like John Lydon turned up (he might be in the country since he's playing PiL gigs in October)?

I hope this will become an annual event. I shall be there!

1 comment:

Stevie said...

Just a note that Polyfest starts on Sat Oct 4th, not 5th as stated.