Saturday 2 February 2013

Buffy Sainte-Marie - 'Generation'

I've just found this video on YouTube and had to share. It's a video of Buffy singing 'Generation' from the album, 'Buffy', that I saw her play at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London last year. It's not part of her 'usual' setlist but she played it that night. I'd never seen her play it live before so I was over the moon since it's one of my favourite Buffy songs.

I first heard the song way back in 1975 or 1976 featured in a BBC2 programme and it stuck in my mind for three decades until I was given the 'Buffy' album for Christmas a few years back and I could listen to it whenever I wanted. That was a very special Christmas present. It was subsequently released on the triple album from the '70s, 'Buffy/Changing Woman/Sweet America' (or 'Buried Treasures' in America).

I just want to dance with the Rosebud Sioux this summer ...

1 comment:

Catch My Words said...

I don't remember that one.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com