Friday 24 June 2011

X-Ray Spex - 'Identity' x 3

I am delighted to post a video I've never seen before of X-Ray Spex playing 'Identity' at the Spex reunion gig at Brixton in 1992. I didn't know there was any video footage (OK, it's not terribly good quality but I don't care). Poly pogos and jumps around the stage in her white robes and how I wish I'd been there that night ...



I *was* there 16 years later for the next Spex reunion gig at The Roundhouse in 2008 (I wouldn't have missed it for the world). Poly was on top form and blasted out all those classic X-Ray Spex songs plus a few from 'Conscious Consumer' and the new 'Bloody War'. Buy the live CD and DVD and enjoy it!



And to round off the incarnations of X-Ray Spex, here is the original video from 1978 with, of course, Poly Styrene doing her thing. This is when I fell in love with Poly.

No comments: