Thursday 20 January 2011

Amanda Palmer - 'Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under'

I really like time travel. Amanda Palmer has released 'Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under' while she's in Australia and, luckily, Australian time is ahead of UK time so, although it's Friday in Oz it's Thursday in London so I get to download the new record a day early! Head on over to Bandcamp to download the album. Personally, I think she planned it that way so I could listen to the album before it's released. She's thoughtful like that.

Most of the tracks were recorded live on her tour of Oz last year with a few recorded in studios also in Oz, and one track was recorded with Brian Viglione so I'm treating it as a new Dresden Dolls song and I love it. The sound quality is excellent and Amanda's voice is in top form. I must listen to it several more times before bed tonight.

The record is available for download from Bandcamp, priced 'very fucking cheap' at 69 US cents plus whatever donation you want to give - if you only pay 69c then I won't speak to you. Pay what you would expect to pay for a new album and then make a donation. Amanda's earned it by being wonderful so pay up.

I also love the credit on the Bandcamp page that proudly states 'Amanda Palmer appears courtesy of Her Fucking Self' and ends with 'PUNK CABARET IS FREEDOM'. Which it is.

Enjoy!

No comments: