Friday 4 June 2010

The Human League and PiL

I've been quiet for a few days having an adventure in Barcelona, city of light and art and no little sun, but it's my duty to pass on some news gained from chums on Twitter (because I haven't been checking emails).

That the Human League will play the Royal Festival Hall on 10 December is great news, but even better, they'll play tracks from their new album, their first since 2001. That means the new album will be out in time for Christmas, and, I suspect, new CD and DVD compilations. All to be celebrated. The Royal Festival Hall is a bit soul-less at the best of times, so let's see what the League can do with their amazing lightshows...

You also need to know that Public Image Limited is playing a few more dates around the UK, including Shepherds Bush on 19 July. The shows before Christmas and the recent tour of America have gone so well that John Lydon and PiL are back for more. I can feel the bass pounding already...

Now, I'd better get back to my adventure in hot and sunny Spain...

No comments: