Wednesday 3 June 2009

Reynard

I live in the leafy suburbs of South West London, lots of open spaces in this part of London and lots of greenery as well, but we also have our denizens of the night. They stalk the streets looking for easy prey.

I was stalked as I made my home after midnight from a debauched evening in the West End (I wish). The creature appeared at the gate at the end of the drive and looked at me as I closed the front door, he was in the dark and I was in the light. I could almost see him licking his lips and wondering if I'd make a tasty snack. He obviously decided I wasn't worth the effort and trotted off. My potential nemesis was a fox.

I've seen foxes around my road a few times, usually in the mornings, but not had one just stand at the open gate and watch me. I wonder where he lives? I will keep my eyes open for him. I've already named him Reynard.

1 comment:

redhairedqueer said...

There are loads of foxes round Right Nasty Mansions - some live behind a wall right outside my kitchen window. There are lots of little baby ones round at the moment too. I love foxes!!!