Monday 16 July 2007

Sweet Soul Sensations

I got the best present on Sunday, y'know. A compilation CD created by Christopher of those wonderful '70s soul bands and performers that you never really hear of any more - the Detroit Spinners, Detroit Emeralds, Three Degrees, Roberta Flack, O'Jays and more. What a great sound they made back then, sweet soul sensations indeed. Great voices, smooth sounds, good songs, put it all together into a package and you have near perfection.

After my jaunt yesterday I've spent a goodly portion of today asleep. I think I'm fine and then the eyelids start drooping and closing and I relax and ... then a few hours seem to have somehow passed. I need to build up some more stamina.

I'm going to work tomorrow - we're holding a 'launch' event at Vinopolis tomorrow afternoon and since it's something I'm responsible for I thought I'd better go. I'll wear proper trousers and shoes for the first time in six weeks. And my lovely new tie of many colours (part of my leaving pressie from my last job). Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Gareth said...

Typical civil service, boozing on the job. ;)



I'm in the wrong department.

chrisv said...

That's one of my best compilations methinks...!