Friday 13 July 2007

A day in the life ...

I'm chipper again today (I should use "chipper" more often). Woke up this morning and actually *woke* rather than just lumbered out of bed. That feels so much better. Then set about doing things:
  • I went to the opticians for a sight test and then ordered some varifocals (my eyes are old);
  • I posted a birthday card to my sister-in-law (older sis, who's younger than me, not younger sis);
  • I went to the gym - big *yay* - and did 10 minutes on the cross trainer and then did my back exercises on the floor. 10 minutes is a bit crap really but it's a start. Then went to the pool but a class was about to start so I just sat in the steam room instead. There are lots of mirrors in the changing room and it was relatively quiet so I inspected my scar which looks to be healing nicely;
  • I picked up my suit from the dry cleaners (needed for a work event next Tuesday at Vinopolis, a dry event, obviously);
  • I came home for food and more pills, I watered the flowers on my table which were going dry, I thought about paying the electricity bill but put it to one side (again);
  • I went to see the nurse at my GP surgery for a diabetic check-up and I'm doing ok, slightly up on the last full results from November - not too bad but I must do better;
  • I arranged two more doctor's appointments over the coming weeks;
  • I came back home, lay down for a minute on the bed and three hours passed ... my bed and my couch both have the properties of a Tardis in that respect;
  • I then ate food and swallowed tablets and watched telly (food included more peapods).
So there you have it, dear diary - a day in my life. Well, not really. I don't often do this much in a single day - at least not over the last five weeks - so I thought I'd record it, time-capsule-like for posterity.

No comments: