Sunday 8 July 2007

My New Favourite Band

My new favourite band is PottedHeid. They're described as "ethno-techno-folk-rock-fusion" which doesn't really describe them at all. Or maybe it does. Click over to their MySpace site to listen to some samples.

I came across them on a free CD I was sent by Topplers Records - readers might remember my joy at getting a CD of Steve Treatment music from them last year. The CD is a compilation of lots of Topplers affiliated bands and PottedHeid had a song included on it called, 'Saudi', which is an electro mix of bagpipes and Arabian wailing with a stomping beat... erm, or something like that. Anyways, I liked it so went exploring and downloaded tracks from various places - now I just need to wait for their album.

Isn't the Internet a fabby place?

No comments: