Friday 24 August 2007

Balls

As punishment for buying too many records I must go to the gym and the pool more. Or maybe I should bring the gym to me ...
I went to the physio this morning and he sat me on a big green gym ball to develop the band of 'core muscles' around my stomach and lower back. Sit and raise one leg then the other. Easier said than done. I used to do this with my personal trainer last year, except with him I was raising weights as well. All of it is about focusing on the band of muscle around your waist and strengthening it which is a good thing generally and, for me, will help to protect my back.

So this afternoon I went out and got one. After wobbling all over for a while I started to (vaguely) get the hang of it. Sitting properly and balancing is really rather strangely tiring. I'm going to set myself the task of 5 minutes morning and evening and I suppose I could even watch telly on it...Now, that's *my* kind of gym!

No comments: