Wednesday 14 February 2007

A Crushed Rosebud

What a sad thing to see on Valentines Day, a crushed rose on the pavement. That's what we saw on Lower Regent Street this evening after a delightful meal, cheeky wine and a charming host at the Val Taro behind Trafalgar Square. It was Chris's penultimate evening working in the West End before moving to the wilds of Old Street so we went out to celebrate. The shop is full of packing crates and the counter and till have mysteriously vanished - bye bye shop/hello office. I await the mammoth moving blog with interest.

My iPod has grown over the last week and I now have 9,192 tracks on it. The ten last played tracks are:

You Must Love Me - Madonna
Sarah's Song - Madness
Poptones - Public Image Ltd
Camel Crossing - Kirsty MacColl
Age (John Peel Session) - X-Ray Spex
Mary Jane - Alanis Morissette
Get Down And Get With It - SLADE
Sunlight - Natalie Imbruglia
Go - Indigo Girls
Hey Ya! - Outkast

My ten most played tracks are:

Sing - The Dresden Dolls
Party - X-Ray Spex
Remember Me - Beverley Knight
Nobody's Fool - SLADE
Mandy Goes To Med School - The Dresden Dolls
Going Missing - Maximo Park
All Good Naysayers, Speak Up! - Sufjan Stevens
Junk Food Junkie - X-Ray Spex
Hole In Your Soul - Abba
The Look Of Love - ABC

I'm listening to my latest record at the moment, 'I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight' by Richard and Linda Thompson. Julie Covington also recorded that song, of course, but the Thompson's original version is quite different. I'm also enjoying my new lovers rock reggae double album, 'I'm In The Mood For Love', inspired by seeing Janet Kay at the Barbican a week and a bit ago. It's a great selection of songs, both old and new. It's a shame none of Janet's records seem to be generally available.

No comments: