Sunday 1 January 2006

A New Year...

A new year begins and I'm still full of cold, oh joy. My cold over Christmas got worse last week and I even got a chill on my jaw which set my teeth on edge - a great way to end the year. A quiet night in that didn't even involve copious amounts of alcohol, a sure sign that I'm not on top form! But leaving that aside...

... What an interesting year 2005 was. Some highlights were:

~ seeing Buffy Sainte-Marie in concert after waiting 30 years and even met her after the gig - what a lovely woman.
~ S L A D E finally issued a DVD (and a remastered hits double CD) which I'd been wishing for for an age.
~ seeing the glories of Florence and the Uffizi Gallery and especially the wondrous Fra Angelico frescoes that made me shed a tear with their simplicity and purity.
~ visiting the startling Museum of Modern Art in New York.
~ my little brother getting married at St James's Park football ground.
~ seeing 'Grand Hotel' for a second time and finding the soundtrack CD in Toronto.
~ seeing Patti Smith play 'Horses' live as the culmination of her Meltdown festival over the summer.
~ seeing the christmas spectacular at Radio City with *real* snow falling on the audience.

Downsides include getting fatter, my back playing up, the daftest little dog in the world leaving us and still being in the same job. I can do something about some of these in 2006.

No comments: